- Mathew Lee Professor of Sociology + Vice Provost for Academic Programs + Support Services
- Jeff Carney Former Director, Coastal Sustainability Studio
- Troy Blanchard Associate Professor of Sociology
- Tim Slack Associate Professor of Sociology
- Forbes Lipschitz Professor of Landscape Architecture
- Kirby Goidel
- Michael Cope
- Lydia Gikas
PARTNERS + SPONSORS
- Louisiana Sea Grant
In recent years, coastal Louisiana has been struck by multiple hurricanes, hit hard by the worst oil spill in American history, and currently faces a range of extremely serious but slower moving threats such as coastal erosion, sea level rise, saltwater intrusion, fisheries depletion, and environmental pollution. It is therefore a place where people think about preparedness because they regularly face very real threats to their lives and livelihoods.
Direct + Broader Impacts:
The project represents a multidisciplinary partnership between sociology, design, and public policy. A visual exploration of data was developed through a survey of roughly 1,000 respondents from Lafourche and Plaquemines Parish. The series of maps and statistical documentation from surveys were disseminated by Louisiana Sea Grant agents to local planning and policy organizations.